St. Joseph’s First Appearance
Sister Mary Mildred wrote that on March 11, 1958, Our Lady said to her: St. Joseph will come on the eve of his feast. Prepare yourself well. There will be a special message. My holy spouse has an important part to play in bringing peace to the world. St. Joseph came as promised and said to Sister Mary Mildred:
“Kneel down, my daughter, for what you will hear and what you will write will bring countless souls to a new way of life. Through you, small one, the Trinity desires to make known to souls Its desire to be adored, honored, and loved within the kingdom, the interior kingdom of their hearts. I bring to souls the purity of my life and the obedience that crowned it.”
“All fatherhood is blest in me whom the Eternal Father chose as His representative on earth, the Virgin-Father of His own Divine Son. Through me the Heavenly Father has blessed all fatherhood, and through me He continues and will continue to do so till the end of time. My spiritual fatherhood extends to all God’s children, and together with my Virgin Spouse I watch over them with great love and solicitude.”
“Fathers must come to me, small one, to learn obedience to authority: to the Church always, as the mouthpiece of God, to the laws of the country in which they live, insofar as these do not go against God and their neighbor. Mine was perfect obedience to the Divine Will, as it was shown and made known to me by the Jewish law and religion. To be careless in this is most displeasing to God and will be severely punished in the next world. Let fathers also imitate my great purity of life and the deep respect I held for my Immaculate Spouse. Let them be an example to their children and fellowmen, never willfully doing anything that would cause scandal among God’s people.”
“Fatherhood is from God, and it must take once again its rightful place among men.” When St. Joseph finished, Sister Mary Mildred wrote how she saw his “most pure heart.” It seemed to be lying on a brown cross. Flames were pouring from the heart and what looked to be a lily appeared in the midst of them. Then she heard St. Joseph again: “Behold this pure heart so pleasing to Him Who made it. The cross, my little one, upon which my heart rests is the cross of the Passion, which was ever present before me, causing me intense suffering. I desire souls to come to my heart that they may learn true union with the Divine Will. Then he told her he would return the next day and “make known to you how God wishes me to be honored in union with Jesus and Mary to obtain peace among men and nations.”
On March 11, 1958, Our Lady said to me: “St. Joseph will come on the eve of his feast. Prepare yourself well. There will be a special message. My holy spouse has an important part to play in bringing peace to the world.”
St. Joseph came as was promised, and these are the words he spoke at this time: “Kneel down, my daughter, for what you will hear and what you will write will bring countless souls to a new way of life. “Through you, small one, the Trinity desires to make known to souls Its desire to be adored, honored, and loved within the kingdom, the interior kingdom of their hearts. “I bring to souls the purity of my life and the obedience that crowned it.”
“All fatherhood is blest in me whom the Eternal Father chose as His representative on earth, the Virgin-Father of His own Divine Son. Through me the Heavenly Father has blessed all fatherhood, and through me He continues and will continue to do so till the end of time.” My spiritual fatherhood extends to all God’s children, and together with my Virgin Spouse I watch over them with great love and solicitude. “Fathers must come to me, small one, to learn obedience to authority: to the Church always, as the mouthpiece of God, to the laws of the country in which they live, insofar as these do not go against God and their neighbor. “Mine was perfect obedience to the Divine Will, as it was shown and made known to me by the Jewish law and religion. To be careless in this is most displeasing to God and will be severely punished in the next world. “Let fathers also imitate my great purity of life and the deep respect I held for my Immaculate Spouse. Let them be an example to their children and fellowmen, never willfully doing anything that would cause scandal among God’s people.” “Fatherhood is from God, and it must take once again its rightful place among men.”
As St. Joseph ceased speaking I saw his most pure heart. It seemed to be lying on a cross which was of brown color. It appeared to me that at the top of the heart, in the midst of the flames pouring out, was a pure white lily. Then I heard these words: “Behold this pure heart so pleasing to Him Who made it.” St. Joseph then continued: “The cross, my little one, upon which my heart rests is the cross of the passion, which was ever present before me, causing me intense suffering. “I desire souls to come to my heart that they may learn true union with the Divine Will. “It is enough, my child; I will come again tomorrow. Then I will make known to you how God wishes me to be honored in union with Jesus and Mary to obtain peace among men and nations. Good night, my little one.”
On the evening of the next day, March 19, 1958, St. Joseph again appeared to me as he had promised and addressed me in these words: “My child, I desire a day to be set aside to honor my fatherhood. “The privilege of being chosen by God to be the Virgin-Father of His Son was 19 mine alone, and no honor, excluding that bestowed upon my Holy Spouse, was ever, or will ever, be as sublime or as high as this. “‘The Holy Trinity desires thus to honor me that in my unique fatherhood all fatherhood might be blessed. “Dear child, I was king in the little home of Nazareth, for I sheltered within it the Prince of Peace and the Queen of Heaven. To me they looked for protection and sustenance, and I did not fail them. “I received from them the deepest love and reverence, for in me they saw Him Whose place I took over them. “So the head of the family must be loved, obeyed, and respected, and in return be a true father and protector to those under his care. “In honoring in a special way my fatherhood, you also honor Jesus and Mary. The Divine Trinity has placed into our keeping the peace of the world. “The imitation of the Holy Family, my child, of the virtues we practiced in our little home at Nazareth is the way for all souls to that peace which comes from God alone and which none other can give” Then suddenly, as he ceased speaking, I was favored with a unique and marvelous vision of the glorious St. Joseph. He seemed suspended, as it were, a short distance above what had the appearance of a large globe with clouds moving about it. His head was slightly raised, the eyes gazing upward as if in ecstasy. The hands were in a position similar to that of the priest during the celebration of Holy Mass, only they extended upward somewhat more. The color of his hair as also of his rather small and slightly forked beard seemed a very dark brown. His eyes resembled in color the hair and beard. He was clothed in a white robe that reached to his ankles. Over this he wore a sort of cloak which did not come together at the throat, but covering the shoulders and draped gracefully over each arm, reached to the hem of the robe. The cloak at times had, or seemed to have, the appearance of a brown, sometimes a purple, hue, or perhaps a slight blending of the two. The belt about his waist was of a gold color, as were his sandals. His appearance, though quite youthful, gave at the same time the impression of rare maturity combined with great strength. He seemed a bit taller than medium height. The lines of his face appeared strong and purposeful, softened somewhat by a gentle serenity. I also saw his most pure heart at this time, Moreover, I saw the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove hovering above his head. Standing sideways, facing each other, were two angels, one on the right, the other on the left. Each carried what appeared to be a small pillow in a satin covering, the pillow on the right bearing a gold crown, the one on the left, a gold scepter. The angels were all white, ever their faces and hair. It was a beautiful whiteness that reminded me of the stainlessness of heaven. Then I heard these words: “Thus should he be honored whom the King desires to honor.” When the vision ended, St. Joseph before taking leave spoke to me in the following manner: “The Holy Father need have no fear, for I have been appointed his special protector. As God chose me to be the special guardian of His Son, so has He chosen me as the special guardian of him who in Christ’s Name is head of the Mystical Body of that same Son on earth. “My special protection of the Holy Father and the Church should he made known to him. God wishes to make this known to him that he may receive thereby renewed consolation and encouragement. “During the war, little daughter, it was I who saved him from death at the hands of his enemies. Continually I watch over him and the Church, and I desire this to be acknowledged for the greater glory of God and the good of souls. “Lovely child, precious to the heart of your spiritual father, I will come again on the last Sunday of this month. Jesus and Mary will come also in a special visit. Receive my blessing,” As I knelt down to receive it I felt his hands on my head and heard the words: “May Jesus and Mary through my hands bestow upon you eternal peace.”
As he had promised, St. Joseph came again on March 30. His requests were similar to those of Our Lady and the First Saturday. The Sacred Hearts of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph have been chosen by the Most Holy Trinity to bring peace to the world; hence, their request for special love and honor, also, in particular, reparation and imitation. These are the words of St. Joseph as recorded on March 30: “I am the protector of the Church and the home, as I was the protector of Christ and His Mother while I lived upon earth. Jesus and Mary desire that my pure heart, so long hidden and unknown, be now honored in a special way. Let my children honor my most pure heart in a special manner on the First Wednesday of the month by reciting the Joyful Mysteries of the rosary in memory of my life with Jesus and Mary and the love I bore them, the sorrow I suffered with them. Let them receive Holy Communion in union with the love with which I received the Savior for the first time and each time I held Him in my arms.”
“Those who honor me in this way will be consoled by my presence at their death, and I myself will conduct them safely into the presence of Jesus and Mary. “I will come again, little child of my most pure heart. Until then, continue in patience and humility, which is so pleasing to God.” As St. Joseph had promised, Jesus and Mary also came on March 30. Jesus had the appearance of a boy about fifteen or sixteen year old. He spoke to me first. It was about the sanctification of the family and other matters. He said it would not be required of me to write it at this time, as He would ask this of me at a later date. Our Lady and St. Joseph also spoke to me concerning the same subject and also about the Divine Indwelling.”
The 12 Ways Our Lady Appeared to Sister Mary Ephrem
1. Our Lady of America – The Immaculate Virgin – “I desire that My children honor Me especially by the purity of their lives.” At another time, Our Lady presented me with the lily She was holding, and said to me, “Take it and cherish it. It is the Sign with which I Mark My children.”
2. Mother of Mercy – With Her arms extended, Her Blue Mantle affording a safe Refuge for the sinner.
3. Our Lady of the Divine Indwelling – “I am Our Lady of the Divine Indwelling, Handmaid of Him Who Dwells within.” The Immaculate Tabernacle of the Indwelling God – a call to every soul to become pure, living temples of God.
4. Our Lady of Perpetual Help – “It is My greatest Joy to be Continual Help to My children” Our Lady wants to Help all her children. She is most anxious to do so. But she will not force this Help upon us. We must longingly ask for it and freely accept it.
5. Our Lady of Precious Blood – On another day She Appeared as our Lady of Precious Blood in a red cope like cloak.
6. Our Lady Surrounded by Legions of Angels – at their head, St. Michael; they all stood at attention around Our Lady or rather, slightly behind Her, all clad in armour and upon each breast-plate was a large red Cross. They stood with drawn Swords in their right hands and in their left a Shield.
7. Mother of Sorrows – “…it is My children who pierce My Heart. Their lives are filled with vanity and selfishness. They love My Son with their lips but not in their hearts. They refuse to follow Me and My Son along the Way of the Cross, because they have no love… Oh My children, give Me your hearts, emptied of all self-seeking and sinful pleasures, and I will fill it with Divine Love. I will give you Jesus, to hold in your hearts. He will fill it and then, Jesus will Live in you and Work through you for the Glory of His Father.”
8. Our Lady of Grace – She wore a Crown, and in Her right hand She held out a rosary, in Her left a scapular. From these, the rosary and scapular, there came forth, as it were, darts of Light, like streaks of lightning – this represented the Graces that souls received through the devout use of these holy instruments of Mary.
9. Our Lady of Mount Carmel – She was holding the Divine Child and both He and His Mother were wearing a Crown. She was Aiding the souls in Purgatory, especially those who had been faithful in the wearing of Her scapular.
10. The Holy Family – As St. Joseph promised, Jesus and Mary also came, Jesus had the Appearance of a boy of about fifteen or sixteen years old. It was about the Sanctification of the family and some other matters.
11. The Queen of Heaven – Our Lady held in both hands a Gold Casket which seem to be Overflowing with Sparkling Gems of every sort. Her whole bearing was most Queenly and Regal. Yet Her Smile was that of a Loving Queen-Mother, Most Eager and Anxious to Bestow Her Treasures upon Her children.
12. The Immaculate Conception – I was transported, somehow, with St. Bernadette, to the Lourdes Grotto in France – it came to my mind how deep was the significance of this experience. Is not Our Lady the Path that Leads to Jesus? Is She not the Gate of Heaven? Oh how our Mother Loves us. How much She Desires our Salvation and Sanctification, and how Ardently She Works for it.
Note; The Blessed Virgin Mary Promised through the visionary Sister Mary Ephrem that Her statue as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin, once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a Safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a Safeguard for the family. She also Promised that the medal would be a Safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.
The Blessed Virgin Mary taught Sr. Mary Ephrem this short prayer:
“By Thy Holy and Immaculate Conception O Mary, Deliver us from evil.”